Blauer Softshell Fleece Jacket ANSI II | 4670
Our uniform duty Hi-Vis softshell will keep you warm, dry, comfortable, and looking great. Most police officers know the importance of visibility better than the rest of us since they work in the roadway. For that reason, we believe that part of the reason for poor compliance to the high visibility standards established by the FHWA is the garments themselves. Public safety professionals do not want to look like the trash hauler or the local construction crew.
So how does the public differentiate a law officer from others on the road wearing visibility materials? One answer is colorblocking. Blauer was the first to use a combination of dark and Hi-Vis fabrics and textures to make a safety jacket. The blending of colors can actually improve daytime contrast and conspicuity. At night little more than the reflective striping can be seen from distances so the dark fabric has little downside. It does, however, change the look of our softshell making it more contemporary and giving it a uniform appearance. Our Hi-Vis yellow softshell is certified to ANSI 107 Class 2 for 24/7 visibility. It is water and wind resistant, and highly breathable for all day in car use. Machine wash and dry.
- Lightweight fleece-lined design provides superior warmth and wind resistance to most fleece jackets
- Water-resistant finish repels rain and snow
- Hi-Vis version is certified to ANSI 107-2010 Class II
- Zips in as a liner for Blauer System Outerwear Shell Jackets
- Silhouette reflective pattern outlines the human form for improved nighttime recognition
- 3M Scotchlite crosswalk pattern provides excellent nighttime reflectivity and enhances daytime contrast with surroundings
- Drop shoulder design for unrestricted movement
- Fleece-lined hand warmer pockets with zippers
- Zippered side openings with snap closures
- Delrin zipper front extends to top of collar for excellent wind protection
- Elasticized cuffs and waistband
- Microphone tab and badge tab
- 4660 is solid color version
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Hello! I purchased both the yellow and red versions of this jacket, for 2 separate departments. Obviously since I am not a police officer, I just threw those long back patches on over that part of the jacket back, and it easily covered it. The jackets both are incredibly comfortable, wear well, hold up to tough work, and I made it through winter in Massachusetts without having to use anything thicker than these, very warm. On the flip side, I have two points to make. If you are sure you can keep your jacket clean, go for it! If you end up washing the lime yellow jacket more than a handful of times, or leave it in a car window for a while, it definitely loses the bright yellow coloring and turns a bit dull. It is ANSI compliant though, and looks great with most any uniform. The red jacket I will say is quite classy, especially for us firefighters, but the only problem is, the red jacket is NOT ANSI COMPLIANT. Did not know that until it made it home sans the ANSI compliant sticker. So if you need an ANSI compliant jacket, the red version does not cut it. Other than that, outstanding!