Is my information secure?
- Our web servers are authenticated and secured so you can trust that you are doing business with United Uniform. We protect the security of credit card and other sensitive information you provide online by using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) security software that encrypts such information. The security features are automatic. For example, once you've clicked the CHECKOUT button on the Shopping Cart page, your browser looks for a digital certificate to confirm that it is communicating with United Uniform.com. Once a positive ID is made, your order continues. For your security, the verification process happens in the background every time you place an order on our site.
Can I buy from United Uniform if I'm not a firefighter, officer, soldier, etc.?
- You can still order from us even if you're not in the Public Safety industry. Of course, certain products require official authorization, but many of our products, such as flashlights, apparel, knives, multi-tools, etc. can be purchased by the general public.
If an item is on backorder, will I be charged a again for shipping the backorder?
- Shipping charges are calculated based on the total of your order, regardless of whether your order ships complete or in multiple shipments. If your order splits in partial shipments, each shipment will include a shipping and handling charge that is proportional to the value of the shipment. If you add up all the partial shipping charges, you will come up with the total quoted originally. In no case will your shipping charges increase due to backorder or drop ship items.
What forms of payment can I use to make my purchase?
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express and all government issued credit cards. We also accept agency purchase orders which can be paid for by check, credit card or electronically. Out of the USA we only accept wire transfers.
Can I have a catalog of the products United Uniform offers sent to me?
- The simple answer is that we don't offer a printed catalog. Unlike stores that sell from catalogs, United Uniform is constantly adding to and updating inventory online and in our stores. This means you get instant access to the latest products.
Is it better to place my order online or over the phone?
- Orders placed online or over the phone are processed in the order received. If you prefer to make your order over the phone. Please call our customer service team at 1-800-835-0070.
Do you ship to APO/FPO addresses?
- Yes. Please call our customer service team at 1-800-835-0070 to order.
What are the Customer Service hours at the 1-800-835-0070 phone number?
- Customer service is located in Buffalo, New York and is open to take your calls from 8:30am to 5:00pm, local time (EST).
Do you charge sales tax?
- We charge sales tax only to New York State customers.
Can I cancel my order and how long would it take to get my credit back?
- Yes, as long as the order hasn't been shipped or customized. If you cancel prior to ship confirmation, your credit card will be credited and if you've mailed a check to us, you will receive a check within 10-12 business days (Monday-Friday, excluding weekends and holidays).
What happens if the product I order is not available?
- The product will be ordered for you and automatically shipped out once received. Most of the time, the product has already been ordered by our Purchasing Department. If you have any questions regarding your order, please call our Customer Service line toll free at 1-800-835-0070 from M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM EST.
If a product requires proof of occupation, how do I provide the credentials required to place my order?
- Because of the unique protective aspect of Law Enforcement, many of our products are not sold to the general public. Products such as automatic knives, large containers of defense sprays, batons and body armor are sold only to law enforcement, military and some security personnel with proof of occupation. All items that include POLICE, SHERIFF, AGENT or PAROLE lettering are restricted and require proof of occupation with purchase.
- You may fax your credentials to 716-691-1406 or email us at Proof of Occupation.
- Please make sure to include your order number.